Hi! This blog is a way to share the things I find and a way to keep me looking. I'm Kristy, a photographer and assistant based in London town. I am very curious into the lives of others and this is what feeds my creativity. Enjoy my blog, thank you for looking!

Wednesday 3 March 2010

love this photo tehe - Presenting-'The Girls'

The Girls are re-emerging British artists Andrea Blood (b. 1975, UK) and Zoë Sinclair (b. 1976, UK), whose collaboration began in 1996 at Central Saint Martins. After a seven year hiatus, The Girls began making new work in 2006. The Girls' practice focuses on creating private staged tableaux and recording them as self-portrait photography or video; as well as performance art. Themes explored include Englishness, childhood, gender, women’s relationship with food, obsession and eroticism.

1 - 29 April 2010: In a new collaboration with The Photographers Gallery, The Girls will be artists-in-residence in Selfridges' Ultralounge (lower ground floor), Oxford Street, London.